[flashrom] reflashing a FX43G with FX43S419.BIN

Joshua Roys roysjosh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 16:20:14 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM, frits.swinkels <frits.swinkels at shaw.ca> wrote:
> I get:
> Found ITE SuperI/O
> found Via Vt8237 enable flashing write...OK
> ..
> found SST SST49LF004A/B
> image seems to be a legacy bios Disabling checks.
> ..
> ERASE FAILED!
>
> I suppose I have to do something with a jumper or what.

Hello!

What you need is called a "board enable."  This is some code that we
can add to flashrom to enable writing on your board.  If you are
interested in helping to support your board, please reply with the
following information:
'flashrom -V', 'lspci -nnvvvxxx', 'superiotool -deV' (all commands as
root), the exact name of your board (including revision, if there are
multiple revisions), and a link to the official BIOS download.

Thanks!

Josh