[flashrom] ASUS P5GD1 PRO, Intel ICH6/ICH6R: failed bios write

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 26 16:12:03 CEST 2010

Dear Marco,

Am Donnerstag, den 26.08.2010, 14:33 +0200 schrieb marco.stronati:

> I failed to flash my board with a new version bios, I have a backup of the
> original one. Thank you for your time.

what is the output of your failed write? It might have some information
if something actually was written.

You could use `--verify` to verify the current content against the
backup images you have stored on your hard drive. Some sections might
differ because they store for example the MAC address.

I would join the IRC channel before though to verify ;-) my suggestion
as I am no expert either.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul