[flashrom] BIOSTAR Group TF720 A2+, MCP78S: flashrom -V for flashrom-0.9.2+r10281-1

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 26 01:52:22 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 25.08.2010, 16:14 -0700 schrieb Richard Hanson:
> I scrounged around and found the above file for Ubuntu Maverick
> (Beta) . It seems to workl ok. It is still saying that it doesn't
> support the nvidia MCP785 chipset. The list of supported chipsets says
> it is supported. The file is an Ubuntu hybrid.
>
> I converted your flashrom-0.9.2.tar.bz2 file to an_all.deb file and I
> couldn't run it using the sudo flashrom command. It told me that
> flashrom is not a command. So go figure.

        $ sudo flashrom
        flashrom v0.9.2-r1028 on Linux 2.6.32-24-server (x86_64), built with libpci 3.0.0, GCC 4.4.4, little endian
        flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

As seen, this revision is very old and does not have the Nvidia chipset
support [1].

Please install the version from svn as in documented in [2]. You can
skip `sudo make install` and just run `sudo ./flashrom` from the
directory you ran `make` in.

Thanks,

Paul

PS:
1. If the content is the same topic, please reply to your own message
next time to keep the threading.
2. Please paste the important parts from the flashrom output into the
message.
3. Please do not sent HTML message but just plain text ones.
would have been better.
5. Put the chipset or board information into the subject.

[1] http://blogs.coreboot.org/blog/2010/08/17/nvidia-mcp6x-mcp7x-spi-support-merged/
[2] http://flashrom.org/Downloads