[flashrom] flashrom -V

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 24 23:41:04 CEST 2010

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your report.

Could you please run latest flashrom from svn and check if a chip is
found? We have added a few features to the MCP61 code and it should now
work fine. The output of
"flashrom -V"
from latest flashrom would be really appreciated.

On 24.08.2010 22:21, Daniel Bour wrote:
> flashrom v0.9.1-r946
> DMI string system-manufacturer: "MSI"
> DMI string system-product-name: "MS-7309"
> DMI string system-version: "2.0"
> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "MSI"
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "K9N6PGM2-V2 (MS-7309)"
> DMI string baseboard-version: "2.0"
> DMI string chassis-type: "Desktop"
> Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP61", enabling flash write... This chipset is not really supported yet. Guesswork...
> ISA/LPC bridge reg 0x8a contents: 0x00, bit 6 is 0, bit 5 is 0
> Guessed flash bus type is LPC
> Found SMBus device 10de:03eb at 00:01:1
> SPI BAR is at 0xfec80000, after clearing low bits BAR is at 0xfec80000
> Strange. MCP SPI BAR is valid, but chipset apparently doesn't have SPI enabled.
> OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: LPC.
> Calibrating delay loop... 345M loops per second, 100 myus = 102 us. OK.
> [...]
> Probing for Winbond W49V002A, 256 KB: probe_jedec_common: id1 0xff, id2 0xff, id1 parity violation, id1 is normal flash content, id2 is normal flash content
> [...]
> No EEPROM/flash device found.

That result is expected with this old version.

http://www.hailfinger.org/