[flashrom] ERROR

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 16 18:11:43 CEST 2010

Hi Jason,

it seems that your mainboard needs special code to enable writing.

On 15.08.2010 04:29, Jason Cochrane wrote:
> ran this command:
>
> sudo flashrom -w ~/Downloads/P4P81019.rom
>
> and got this output:
>
> flashrom v0.9.1-r706
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "Intel ICH5/ICH5R", enabling flash write... OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> Found chip "PMC Pm49FL004" (512 KB, LPC,FWH) at physical address 0xfff80000.
> Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
> Writing flash chip... Programming page: ERASE FAILED at 0x00004ec0!
> Expected=0xff, Read=0x24, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x0000ffff:
> 0xb06d
> ERASE FAILED!
> ERASE FAILED!
> FAILED!

Erase failed early. This is a good sign.

Assuming that you created a backup with flashrom before you tried to
write, can you run
flashrom -v oldbackup.bin
If that says "VERIFIED", nothing changed and it should be safe to reboot.

That said, we'd love to add support for your board. Could you please
download latest flashrom from subversion (see
http://www.flashrom.org/Downloads ), compile it and then run (as root):
flashrom -V
superiotool -deV
lspci -nnvvvxxx

and send the output as reply-all to this list? Please also include a
link to the BIOS update download for your board (do not attach it, we
don't have distribution rights for BIOS images).

We will then take a look and reverse engineer support for your board.

If you need further assistance, please tell us.

http://www.hailfinger.org/