[flashrom] Flashrom Issues

Johnson, Je je.johnson at lmco.com
Tue Aug 10 14:40:00 CEST 2010

Helge,

Thanks for the information concerning the SPI ROMs errors. I'll test the patch this morning and let you know the results. I'm still a little concerned that reloading the same BIOS and rebooting caused my server to stop booting and I'm not seeing any displays? I did run a verify after flashing the BIOS and everything seemed fine. I'm the OS technical lead here in Manassas and I support over 12 different programs. I'm pushing to start using the "flashrom" program for all of our BIOS updates (as long as the motherboards are supported).

It's time we get away from the floppy/CD solution of installing and updating the BIOS.

Thanks again,
John