[flashrom] Flashrom Issues

Johnson, Je je.johnson at lmco.com
Mon Aug 9 21:38:25 CEST 2010

I've been working with a Supermicro X8DA3/DAI mother board running with RHEL ES 5.4 (2.6.30.9). I compiled the latest version of "flashrom 0.9.2) and was able to capture my current BIOS by running "flashrom -r X8DA3.BIOS". After capturing the BIOS I reloaded it by issuing the following command "flashrom -w X8DA3.BIOS". I was told that the write was successful, but saw the following errors:

Writing flash chip... Erasing flash before programming Erasing Flash Chip... spi_block_erase_20 failed during command execution at address 0x0
Spi_block_erase_52 failed during command execution at address 0x0

Since it stated that it was successfully, I simply reset the server and now it's failing to boot?

Any help in understanding in what went wrong or if my motherboard is not fully support ( I did run the check initially to ensure the chipset was support).

Thanks,
John Johnson
Lockheed Martin
Manassas, VA