[flashrom] New Intel Chipsets

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 9 00:56:24 CEST 2010

Am Freitag, den 06.08.2010, 08:52 +0200 schrieb Wagner, Helge (GE
Intelligent Platforms):
> >Ouch! Do you see a hang without that part of the patch?
> Without the patch our boards are going into S5 some seconds after i
> started flashrom.
OK, this is probably the same issue that causes other boards to freeze.

This patch has one minor issue: flash_enable_ich_dc_spi decodes the BIOS
type select straps. They are valid for ICH7. ICH8, 9, 10 nearly have the
same assignment, but accept 0 as alias for 1 (SPI) instead of declaring
it as "reserved". But 5 Series/3400 OTOH has a completely different
different assignment with IIRC SPI on 3, which we do not respect.

I don't really want to push you into fixing that, but just raise
awareness, nevertheless I would really appreciate a patch fixing that,
too. I am really happy that there is a patch that makes the 5 Series
chipsets usable in flashrom.

So even with this quirk, the patch is in my oppinion a worthwile
addition to flashrom and thus

Acked-by: Michael Karcher <flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de>

The Intel PCI IDs can be verified for example using the Intel INF Update
9.1.2.1007.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher