[flashrom] PROBLEM, was stupid and tested "flashrom -EV", cant flash now.

Magnus Alm magnus.alm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 03:20:18 CEST 2010

Argh!

sudo flashrom -f -c SST39SF040 -w BACKUP2.rom
flashrom v0.9.1-r993 on Linux 2.6.32-19-generic (i686), built with
libpci 3.0.0, GCC 4.4.3
No coreboot table found.
WARNING! You seem to be running flashrom on a laptop.
Laptops, notebooks and netbooks are difficult to support and we recommend
to use the vendor flashing utility. The embedded controller (EC) in these
machines often interacts badly with flashing.
See http://www.flashrom.org/Laptops for details.
Found chipset "VIA VT8235", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
Disabling flash write protection for board "Acer Ferrari 3400"... OK.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.

But a forced read works:

sudo flashrom -f -r -c SST39SF040 crap.rom
flashrom v0.9.1-r993 on Linux 2.6.32-19-generic (i686), built with
libpci 3.0.0, GCC 4.4.3
No coreboot table found.
WARNING! You seem to be running flashrom on a laptop.
Laptops, notebooks and netbooks are difficult to support and we recommend
to use the vendor flashing utility. The embedded controller (EC) in these
machines often interacts badly with flashing.
See http://www.flashrom.org/Laptops for details.
Found chipset "VIA VT8235", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
Disabling flash write protection for board "Acer Ferrari 3400"... OK.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.
Force read (-f -r -c) requested, forcing chip probe success:
Found chip "SST SST39SF040" (512 KB, Parallel) at physical address 0xfff80000.
Please note that forced reads most likely contain garbage.
Reading flash... done.

I need a function added to flashrom so I can specify chip and address
to write to.

/Magnus