[flashrom] Flashrom write on a Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 motherboard

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 1 21:43:58 CEST 2009

Hi Davíð,

On 01.09.2009 20:39, Davíð Þór Þórarinsson wrote:
> Some interesting facts: The chipset in this product is not on your
> list of supported chipsets, nor is the motherboard found on your list
> of supported motherboards. the chipset according to the manual is
> North Bridge: AMD770, South Bridge: AMD SB710.

We list everything in the SB700 family (SB700/SB710/SB750) as SB700. I
have sent a patch to fix this and we'll commit it soon.

> And it worked like a charm!

Glad to hear. We'll add your board to the list of working boards. It
would be nice if you could reply-all to this mail with the output from
lspci -nnvvvxxx

> During the flash update, both the motherboard and chipset were wrongly
> identified. Here is the output from the operation:
>
> flashrom v0.9.0-r631
> No coreboot table found
> Found Chipset "AMD SB700", enabling flash write... OK
> Found board "GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H", enabling flash write... FAILED!

Hmmm. The Gigabyte board mismatch problem... we can't fix the problem
due to nonstandard PCI settings on these boards, but we can hide it.

Would you mind downloading and compiling the latest flashrom version?
You can get it either from our subversion repository at
svn://coreboot.org/flashrom/trunk or a current snapshot from
http://qa.coreboot.org/snapshots/
The output of latest
flashrom -V
would be appreciated as well so I can check the effect of some recent
changes on your board.

Thanks for your report!

http://www.hailfinger.org/