[flashrom] Need help to flash bios HP Omnibook 4150B

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 29 23:56:25 CET 2009

Hi Guillaume,

On 29.10.2009 21:01, guillaumeg wrote:
> i installed fedora 11 in my laptop Intel pentium III coppermine
> i'd like to flash the bios using flashrom

I'm sorry, we do not support flashing on laptops (too dangerous).

> the objectif is ( i hope) to fix a display problem - stripes on the
> screen, especially when i move the mouse.
> i tried to fix the problem with Xorg.conf and system-config-display
> withoot any success. Some people drived me in the french fedora forum.
> They invite my to join the flashrom IRC chat.
> for your information here a report when i launch flashrom with a
> terminal.

Thanks for the report.

> flashrom v0.9.1-r710
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "Intel PIIX4/4E/4M", enabling flash write... OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> No EEPROM/flash device found.

This is expected on laptops. Laptops often have special undocumented
flash controllers. You could send the output from "flashrom -V" to this
list if you want to find out if this is a known or undocumented flash
controller.

Developer quote of the week:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."