[flashrom] Chipset enable for nVidia nForce4/MCP4.

Martin S. info at sukimashita.com
Mon Oct 5 17:16:43 CEST 2009

Acked-by: Martin Szulecki <opensuse at sukimashita.com>

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 14:12 +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> Please test whether your board is matched correctly.

It is matched correctly.

> When the board enable gets provided, please apply that on top of this
> patch,

I do not really understand what you mean here. I had received just one
patch which once applied, made flashrom recognize the board just fine:

# ./flashrom
flashrom v0.9.1-r743
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "NVIDIA nForce4/MCP4", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "SST SST49LF004A/B" (512 KB, FWH) at physical address
0xfff80000.
No operations were specified.

>  and if both work correctly, reply to both mails with
> Acked-by: Martin ##DeineRichtigeNachname## <info at sukimashita.com>

Patch works fine, first line in this mail is my ACK.

> Also, the pci id matched here is not in the pciids.sf.net database.
> You might want to work with them to get your pciids in their list (my
> guess is that they need you to dig through some windows driver .inf
> files.)

Thanks, will look into it once I got some more time.

--- Martin S.