[flashrom] flashrom test flashrom v0.9.1-r710

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Oct 3 04:25:38 CEST 2009

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the report.

On 03.10.2009 03:34, Buckeyne, Thomas wrote:
> This was tested on a "custom" mainboard

Glad to hear. We are always interested in reports for all kinds of
mainboards. It would be cool if you could supply a vendor/board name
and/or description so we can add it to the supported board list, but
that's not a requirement. It just makes us proud to show another special
board on the list.

> Of interest to the flashrom group would be that this
> worked on "Intel ICH9M-E", Chip set with an Atmel "AT25DF641" 8MB chip
> This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE
> WRITE
>
>  <<flashrom-trace.txt>>
>
> After save of SPI rom image I did a cmp -l between what I put on it with
> a ms-dos fpt.exe program
> and the saved image => compare came out identical

Great. Looks like we can mark the chip as OK for PROBE/READ.

> I will send more traces as I do write ... etc.

Yes please. If you plan to do that in the next few days, I'll hold off
changing chip status until you tell us if ERASE/WRITE worked as well.

> If you need / want more info I will do what I can to get it for you

We're currently working on partial flashing support (latest flashrom
subversion has some code, but not for your chip). I could dive in the
datasheet and add partial erase support for the AT25DF641 if you're
interested in that.

http://www.hailfinger.org/