[flashrom] No EEPROM found (Sony Vaio VGN-FE21S)

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Nov 27 15:01:03 CET 2009

On 11/27/09 1:23 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> You could sniff LPC and SPI buses during reflashing with the vendor
> flash tool and correlate the dumps.
How?

There is not SPI involved, however.

> It should at least give you an idea
> on how to probe for the EC and possibly also on how to send commands to
> the flash chip. The probe sequence is most interesting, though, because
> it allows flashrom to detect the EC and issue a warning message.

I found out that I can dump (some of) the EC memory using ectool, but
that's only a minor part of the story.

The ENE 910 has both a SPI and  FWH interface, but otherwise it seems
fairly similar to a 3700 (which was used in the OLPC)
Unfortunately I didn't find any info on how to generically identify the
presence of the 3700 either. In particular, I didn't find the IO address
for indexing the full EC memory yet (0x381 on the OLPC)

Stefan