[flashrom] flash erase failure

Adrian Glaubitz adrian.glaubitz at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:28:39 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Thao Hoang <thao_hoang at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Adrian-
>
> Sorry to bother you.

Don't worry, you don't bother me at all. If you did, I wouldn't be
here to answer ;).

> If you can force a read to a similiar chip, can you force a write to using a similar chip.  Something like ./flashrom -f -w (filename) -c (chipname) ??  If not, what does forcing a read tell me?  I used my board to force a read and several chipname worked.

Well, you can give it a try. But the problem anyway is that your chip
still remains write-protected. We need to find out how to disable
write-protection for your specific board. If you check the recent
mailing list archives
(<http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2009-November/thread.html>),
you will see that there alot of other reports with exactly the same
problem. I think Carl-Daniel said, he would be working on that soon.

> Also, not sure if this makes a difference but do I really need this library  libftdi ?  I'm not using any external FT2232SPI flasher.

Don't know either, sorry. Why don't you join the IRC-channel #flashrom
on FreeNode, it's really worth to come by, alot of experts are on
there.

> Thanks again for your time.

You're welcome.

Could you provide the output of lspci, superiotool and flashrom as I
suggested and post it to the mailing list?

Adrian