[flashrom] [coreboot] utililty output for Gigabyte EG45M-UD2H

Joachim Ernst joachim.ernst at web.de
Wed Jul 29 01:00:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've got a backup of the bios from qflash saved under F3QFLASH.BIN.
After that I rebooted and typed flashrom -r flashrom.bin.
Now the diff looks even better. Yesterday I made a mistake by comparing
the F2-version of the BIOS with the F3 version.
The qflash menue shows also the name of the chip "MX25L8005".

ls -l flashrom.bin F3QFLASH.BIN; xxd flashrom.bin >1; xxd F3QFLASH.BIN
>2; diff -u 1 2|diffstat
-rwx------ 1 user user 1048576 2009-07-29 00:29 F3QFLASH.BIN
-rwx------ 1 user user 1048576 2009-07-29 00:33 flashrom.bin
 2 |   68
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------------

Now I'm trying to flashrom -wv F3QFLASH.BIN
two operations are not supported

But with flashrom -w F3QFLASH.BIN
flashrom v0.9.0-r667
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "Intel ICH10R", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: LPC,FWH,SPI.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "Macronix MX25L8005" (1024 KB, SPI) at physical address
0xfff00000.
Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
Writing flash chip... Programming page:

COMPLETE.
Verifying flash... VERIFIED.

Got it, Thanks for this great program. Now Gigabyte EG45M-UD2H could
also be put onto the supported mb list?

Best Regards
Joachim