[flashrom] Lenovo ThinkCenter A60 (8991-39U)

Justin Chevrier jchevrier at city.kawarthalakes.on.ca
Tue Jul 28 18:30:02 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

I decided to try Flashrom on one of the Lenovo systems we have onsite
here. Reading appears to work and it verifies against the chip (although
the resulting file does not match the size of file provided by Lenovo
(Lenovo's file is larger) so I'm not sure if there's some extra stuff in
there). Below is the message I receive when attempting to write to
flash. I have attached the output from the standard tools. The BIOS chip
on this board is socketed and I have other systems of the same type so I
can easily swap chips if something goes south. If there's anything else
I can do/test I'd be more than happy to try!

Justin Chevrier

flashrom v0.9.0-runknown
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP51", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "SST SST49LF040B" (512 KB, LPC) at physical address
0xfff80000.
Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
Writing flash chip... ERASE FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff,
Read=0x4e, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x0000ffff: 0xf0b1
ERASE FAILED!
ERASE FAILED!
ERASE FAILED!
ERASE FAILED!