[flashrom] flashrom UNTESTED for operations: ERASE WRITE

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 23 13:24:46 CEST 2009

Hi Bryan,

could you try latest flashrom from svn? The flashrom svn tree is now at
a different location. More info at
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom#Download_.26_Installation .
You are hitting a corner-case bug and I'm not sure if it is still present.

On 04.04.2009 04:46, Bryan C. Lesiuk wrote:
> I ran flashrom -r on my D201GLY. Flashrom told me to send you the output.
> I didn't trust flashrom to erase/write, so I can't tell if erase/write
> would work.
> Cheers -- Bryan
>
> bryan at wica:~/bios/coreboot-v3/util/flashrom$ sudo ./flashrom -r old.bios
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> No coreboot table found.
> WARNING: No chipset found. Flash detection will most likely fail.

The line above should find the chipset.

> Found board "Intel Desktop Board D201GLY", enabling flash write...
> W83627 not found at 0x2e, id=0xff want=0xa0.
> OK.

The line above should say "failed".

> wbsio_spi_command: unsupported command type wr=1 rd=3

This should never happen.

I think I understand the bug, but could you try to run "flashrom -V" and
mail the output? This will only run the identification step, but in
verbose mode. Thanks.

http://www.hailfinger.org/