[flashrom] flashrom status for GA-MA790X-UD4

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 23 13:17:52 CEST 2009

On 23.07.2009 08:13, Yann Droneaud wrote:
>> the SB700 SPI bug should be fixed in latest flashrom svn (since r661).
>> Please retest with
>> # flashrom -V
>> and report back. Thanks!
>>

> Seems to work, thanks.
>
> Here is the report:
>
> flashrom v0.9.0-r664
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "AMD SB700", enabling flash write... OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: LPC,FWH,SPI.
> Found board "GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H", enabling flash write... FAILED!
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> Found chip "SST SST25VF080B" (1024 KB, SPI) at physical address 0xfff00000.

Thanks, it seems like my bugfix works as expected.

> No operations were specified.
>
> I tried a read operation
>
> You could have a look at the logs here:
>
>  https://mais.quest-ce.net/flashrom/ga-ma790x-ud4/r664/
>
>   output_flashrom_V.txt.gz
>   output_flashrom_Vr.txt.gz

Thanks! Looks good.

> As "enabling flash write" is reported as FAILED, is it possible to write a
> BIOS image ?

Yes, it should work fine. Only the board write enable is failing, and
that is due to a too generic match which was designed for other boards.
Your board should work fine despite that error message.

> BTW, i not ready to try it, but i'm willing to try it by the end of august.

Your tests already helped me a lot.

Regards

http://www.hailfinger.org/