[flashrom] flashrom status for GA-MA790X-UD4

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Jul 10 20:47:29 CEST 2009

Hi Yann,

thanks for your report. I have looked at the log and the "FAILED"
message is harmless. I will try to improve the wording a bit so users
are not scared anymore.

On 10.07.2009 12:33, Yann Droneaud wrote:
> Flashrom seems to not support Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4.
>
> I've only tested read operation, which failed, so I did try the write
> operation.
>
> Here are messages from flashrom:
>
> flashrom v0.9.0-r643
> Found chipset "AMD SB700", enabling flash write... OK.
> Found chip "SST unknown SST SPI chip" (0 KB, SPI) at physical address
>  0x100000000.

The verbose flashrom log you provided helped me track down the problem.
Sometimes, the SB700 SPI controller only retrieves 2 bytes of flash chip
ID instead of 3 bytes.
Please keep the logs available so others can analyze them as well. Thanks.

I know someone who can reproduce the bug. Once the bug is fixed, I'll
send you another mail.

http://www.hailfinger.org/