[flashrom] Abit IP35 needs board enable.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Tue Jul 7 00:45:47 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 04:05:51PM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> Thanks to uwe for having the foresight of asking RichW on irc what his
> email was.
>
> Board enable requires: a gpio line on the superio to be altered.
>
> logical device: 0x06
> 0xF0, 0xF1, 0xF2 then all get &= ~0x02

What happened here is the following.
1) i only analysed the first part properly and missed GPIO16 getting
raised. It is this part of the code, and only this part that is needed
to get all the board fully supported.
2) the superio poking code in the bios was absolutely bogus. Logical
device 06 is the spi interface on this superio, while the rom is lpc.
The register writes to 0xF0, 0xF1, 0xF2 also suggest that it is setting
a gpio line, which is usually logical device 7. Bogus code.

We got away with just raising the ich9r gpio16 :)

Luc Verhaegen.