[flashrom] Flashrom does not work with J7F5M

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Mon Jul 6 14:38:45 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 04:43:02AM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> After looking at the picture of the jetway website, and i noticed the
> layout of the board with the philips tv decoder on it, my coin dropped
> that i actually own this board.
>
> Still stumped as to how to write to it, the board enable in the latest
> jetway bios fails.
>
> Does the dos utility work for you?
>
> Output of flashrom failing:
>
> ./flashrom -E
> flashrom v0.9.0-runknown
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "VIA CX700", enabling flash write... OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> Found chip "Winbond W39V040B" (512 KB, LPC) at physical address
> 0xfff80000.
> Erasing flash chip... ERASE FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff,
> Read=0x49
> ERASE FAILED!
> FAILED!
> ERROR at 0x00000000: Expected=0xff, Read=0x49
>
> No change no matter what i do.
>
> Luc Verhaegen.

After carldani gave me some hints on irc, i'm currently blaming the
flashchip itself. I think the support for the w39v040b has regressed in
the last 13 months, after it was set to TEST_OK_PREW in commit 252.

Dan, apparently you then said it tested ok (and i hope this is your
correct email address). What board were you using this rom on and can
you test a recent svn version of flashrom?

Thanks,

Luc Verhaegen.