[flashrom] Cannot flash satabios (Sil3112)

. . moonraket at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 31 16:53:54 CET 2009

________________________________
> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:39:12 +0100
> From: b.bellec at gmail.com
> To: flashrom at flashrom.org
> Subject: Re: [flashrom] Cannot flash satabios (Sil3112)
>
> OK, thank you for the explanation !
>
> 2009/12/31 Mateusz Murawski>

If you want to update the SATABIOS for onboard controllers, you have to do this by 'upgrading' the motherboard BIOS.

Get the firmware package for the SiI3112 controller, there should be a rom for onboard controllers included.
Then get the bios image for your motherboard. You can use the original rom which you can get via 'flashrom -r original.bin'.
Then remove the original firmware for the controllers included in the motherboard firmware, and import the latest SiI firmware.
After that you can use flashrom to write the modified bios image.

E.