[flashrom] Flashrom results

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 31 15:32:53 CET 2009

On 31.12.2009 00:09, Michael Karcher wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 30.12.2009, 20:26 +0100 schrieb antioxid antioxid:
>
>> Flashrom : v0.9.1-r706
>>
> That version is ancient in terms of flashrom development, but...

Indeed. Can you please compile latest flashrom from subversion?

>> flashrom
>> No coreboot table found.
>> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
>> WARNING: No chipset found. Flash detection will most likely fail.
>> Error: Programmer initialization failed.
>>
> ... even current svn HEAD won't help you here. The MCP78V (GeForce 8100)
> chipset is not yet supported,

Yes, but we're looking for testers of a debug patch which might help on
your board. For starters, we need the output of the following commands
from you (please run them both as root):
lspci -nnvvvxxx
superiotool -deV
Please hit reply-all in your mailer to make sure all of us see your reply.

If all goes well, we can provide at least partial support for your board
in the next two weeks.

Developer quote of the year:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."