[flashrom] (update, update) Gigabyte GA-7ZXE v1.1

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Dec 22 01:22:13 CET 2009

On 21.12.2009 21:53, Charles M wrote:
> Oops, my bad, I was pretty sure the VIA chip was the Southbridge but I
> questioned my own logic when I saw it listed as a super i/o chip in
> the manual:
>
> Chipset: VT82C686B PCI Super-I/O Integrated Peripheral
>         Controller (PSIPC)

Heh. This chip is special. It is a south bridge AND a SuperI/O in one
package.

Datasheet: http://linux.kernel.free.fr/VT82C686B.pdf

I sent a superiotool patch for this to the list a few seconds ago. Note
that that patch in its current form may mess with floppy configuration
instead of detecting the SuperI/O. This is due to missing PCI support in
superiotool. Still, it would be very valuable if you could try this patch.

And to make it work, please run superiotool again after executing
setpci -d 1106:0686 85.b=02:02

You can get back the original state of the chipset with
setpci -d 1106:0686 85.b=00:02

Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."