[flashrom] No EEPROM/Flash Device found

N oxer garrraaahyyy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 21:43:14 CET 2009

Hi,

After being told that I could use flashrom to update my BIOS on my Toshiba
Satellite L30-101 and it told me that there was no EEPROM/Flash device
found. So I went on to the flashrom IRC channel and asked about this and
they said I have to e-mail the following terminal commands this email
address.

To save room, I posted them on my pastebin.ca account and can be found at
the links below:

flashrom -V : http://pastebin.ca/1711385
lspci -nnvvvxxx : http://pastebin.ca/1711389
superiotool -deV : http://pastebin.ca/1711394

and also a link to the BIOS update :
http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-files2/0/bios-20071106150302.ZIP

I was just wondering if there is anything I am able to do about this? As I
am trying to update my BIOS to resolve some battery problems with my laptop
but Toshiba only have an .exe file to update it with and none of my machines
use Windows.