[flashrom] Unable to flash bios on a Asus M2N68-VM

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 3 14:08:46 CET 2009

On 03.12.2009 14:01, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 08:50:12AM +0100, Alessandro Polverini wrote:
>
>> Luc Verhaegen wrote:
>>
>>> This is an AMI bios, and therefor i currently still need a copy of your
>>> F-Segment:
>>>
>> Here is attached.
>>
> Argh, i should've told you to mail me that directly. Oh well.

I filtered the attachment out in the post to the mailing list, but this
was pure luck and not planning (a 64k segment won't trigger the size
limit on the list).

> I have bad news, i cannot find a board enable in your BIOS. Something
> else is going on here.

Either IT8712 flash translation or we're missing the native SPI
interface of that chipset. I just checked superiotool output and it's
not the IT8712, so someone has to write a SPI driver for that Nvidia
chipset.

Rudolf was working on a SerialICE variant which could capture DOS apps.
This may be the way forward.

Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."