[flashrom] Unable to flash bios on a Tyan S2915-E

Alessandro Polverini alex at nibbles.it
Thu Dec 3 08:48:34 CET 2009

Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 02:52:56PM +0200, Alessandro Polverini wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> this is the output of flashrom:
>>
>> flashrom v0.9.1-r736
>> No coreboot table found.
>> Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP55", enabling flash write... OK.
>> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
>> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
>> No EEPROM/flash device found.
>>
>> While the output of lspci is attached.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Alessandro
>>

> Hi Alessandro,
>
> Attached is a patch that might work for you.

Hello Luc and thanks for the patch. I used it on latest svn and I got this:

***
flashrom v0.9.1-r791
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP55", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
Disabling flash write protection for board "Tyan S2915"... OK.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.
If you know which flash chip you have, and if this version of flashrom
supports a similar flash chip, you can try to force read your chip. Run:
flashrom -f -r -c similar_supported_flash_chip filename

Note: flashrom can never write when the flash chip isn't found
automatically.
***

Do I need to make something else?

Thanks,