[flashrom] Not sure where to put this?

Marko Kraljevic krasnaya.zvezda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 01:12:21 CEST 2009

Hi, I'm new to the list.

I've been playing with flashrom some, and it's great. Thanks for the work guys.

I've put a ZIF socket on a 3com NIC, for external programming. It
seems to be working great.
I've taken a picture, maybe it would be useful for the wiki or something.

I'm not a terribly good programmer, but I'm pretty good with hardware
generally...
I'm going to be doing some more hardware work in the future.

I think I'll make an ISA card with 32 and 28pin ZIF, and PLCC socket,
on the 440BX board I have, addr is off the ISA bus, so I'll just
buffer that. Data seems to go to the superIO chip, so I'll have to
have a cheater socket under the stock BIOS ROM to steal /CS D0:7, etc.
I think I'll buffer all the lines on the card, so that the bus doesn't
get fried in case of a fried chip or whatnot. It will be a sort of
general purpose flashing board. I think I'll try and implement support
for the older 27xxx EPROMs at some point, which shouldn't be too
difficult I don't think?

anyways, here's the picture if anyone wants it:
http://electrontube.org/img/3com_prog.jpg

Mark