[flashrom] new flashchip support for flashrom program information

nanotonne at free.fr nanotonne at free.fr
Tue Aug 18 12:39:40 CEST 2009

Hi, I send you a information for flashrom additionnal support (please)

Flashrom program detect good my mainboard and chipset but don't detect chip
flash rom
I have tested to force reading with "similar" model" and it work

mainboard : ASUS A7V133
chip flash memory : MOSEL V29C51002T (text writed on chip and reported by
awflash utility)
aparently this chip similar model as "SyncMOS S29C51002T" from your website
because i can read  fully with flashrom utility but i can't flash it.

documentation mainboard is here :
http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt133a/a7v133/a7v133-105.pdf

documentation chip rom  is here :
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/mosel/V29C51002T.pdf
or here :
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.co.kr/datasheet-pdf/view/2313/MOSEL/V29C51002T-90P/++12Q_yhIxCpZu9z.YBBtvbppCb++/datasheet.pdf

thank to add support of this chip , and too add option for flashrom program to
force writing with a "similar chip" (know as compatible after research) when
chip is manually defined.

note : project  coreboot is good, but support for usb disk for boot it and
keyboard/mouse usb not supported is a big lack to "switch" to this alternative
open firmware :-( ...

Michael