[flashrom] GSoCs Winflashrom versus r126.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Aug 9 05:17:33 CEST 2009

Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> He pulled in a copy of libpci, not sure why.

Because upstream libpci would not support Darmawan's winflashrom.sys driver.

We should replace this with a patch against libpci, if we continue to
use winflashrom.sys. I googled and read that WinIo does not work with
Vista nor 64bit Windows, so maybe it's not such a fine idea.

> Diff created from two cleaned up copies (.svn and created files removed)
> with -urN.
>
> Have fun with it :)

Thanks a lot for doing this.

Here is a version that is working on XP against the latest flashrom (r670).

* I found that quite some files have unneeded include files in them
(mainly sys/mman.h is breaking MinGW compiles)
* The serprog driver is hopelessly unix code and is disabled on Windows
currently
* Mapping "high tables" did not work for me, that's why the code in
cbtable.c is disabled for now (to keep flashrom from exiting there
instead of just not finding the table)

Please don't merge yet, it's not too shiny.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613