[coreboot] Burn 2MB coreboot.rom on 8MB flash chip

Jose Trujillo ce.autom at protonmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:19:02 CEST 2018

You are welcome,

No, don't change it, you change the size of coreboot only if during the building process "make" complain that there is not enough space but in your case your build was already successful leave it like that.

In the rare circumstance that more space is required you can increase coreboot size to 4MB and istill will fit into your system 5MB of space available.

"ifdtool" will inject coreboot in the top of the BYT_orig.bin and save as BYT_orig.bin.new that you can flash to your system.

Please follow Nico's recommendations and be aware that is highly likely that the system will not boot the first time and you will need an external programmer for restoring the system.

Have a good day,
Jose Trujillo.