[coreboot] SAR in Coreboot

Jonathan Neuschäfer j.neuschaefer at gmx.net
Thu Sep 20 13:52:06 CEST 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 01:49:57PM +0530, galla rao wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is my first email to coreboot open source team

Hi and welcome!

> Does coreboot 4.8/4.9 support
> *Specific absorption rate* (*SAR*)
>
> How does Linux or Kernel driver uses the SAR Tx Power limits, Anyone
> working on this task, Kindly respond

The Intel Wifi driver (or rather ACPI/SMBIOS table generator) has an
option called USE_SAR[1], which controls whether SAR related tables are
generated[2]. This option is used by a few Chromebooks[3].

I don't know how these power limits work in detail, but this may be a
good starting point for further investigation.

Jonathan Neuschäfer

[1]: https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/coreboot.git/tree/src/drivers/intel/wifi/Kconfig#n9
[2]: https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/coreboot.git/tree/src/drivers/intel/wifi/wifi.c#n74
[3]: poppy, glados, eve, reef, and octopus in
     https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/coreboot.git/tree/src/mainboard/google