[coreboot] Matrix instead (or additionally to) IRC

Angel Pons th3fanbus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:53:27 CET 2018

Hello,

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 10:47 PM Timothy Pearson
<tpearson at raptorengineering.com> wrote:
> More importantly, choose your own application.  There are so many good
> choices for desktop-side IRC clients at this point that almost certainly
> any older developers have already settled on one.  Forcing us to switch
> clients, or keep a browser tab open, will just shut down the real time
> channel and make Email seem like the most attractive option. ;-)

I definitely agree. I don't like browser-based applications.

On 10/28/2018 06:27 PM, Philipp Stanner wrote:
> Well, which client would you especially recommend?

I have used HexChat before, and it was nice to work with. I switched
to Weechat when I setup ZNC. I like working with terminals, and
Weechat is perfect for this.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 1:36 AM Iru Cai <mytbk920423 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Previously it works, but now #coreboot needs registered nicks.

AFAIK, that still holds true. This was applied as a measure to stop
spambot waves. It is however very restrictive. OTOH, #flashrom has
quiet for all unregistered nicks, except those connecting from
freenode's webchat. This has the advantage of restricting less
legitimate users (especially webchat, which is rather popular among
those who only connect for support), but requires messaging an OP
should someone need to be manually voiced.

Regards,

Angel Pons Pons