[coreboot] Hardware diagnostic

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sun Oct 28 01:18:08 CEST 2018

On 10/28/18 12:25 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Why are there no RAM regions? I don't know.

Quite simple, because the code that adds them is tied to 8086:0f00.

>> nico_h in the IRC chat noticed that in non-working board appears a starnge
>> device with vid/did PCI: 00:00.0 [8086/0000].
>
> The 0000 is a HUGE red sign, screaming to be thoroughly investigated.
>
> This also hints that the power up changes may be the problem.

I agree, but note that in the datasheet (or EDS at least), the DID is
not read-only. A strap (that I coudn't find more about) is supposed to
set the initial value plus there is a message mentioned (to be sent to
sth. I didn't look into) that may change it.

So alternatively to diagnosing the hardware changes, you could also
follow the bread crumbs in the documentation.

Nico