[coreboot] T520 vs. T530

Iru Cai mytbk920423 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:41:18 CEST 2018

The iGPU T520 and dGPU T420 have stability problems when running coreboot. (
https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/121)
So get a T530/W530/W520/dGPU T520.

I don't know the eGPU status of notebooks running coreboot.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 3:01 PM <yc-153434 at hs-weingarten.de> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I am planning to buy a used Lenovo Thinkpad and install coreboot on it. I
> am completely new to coreboot and I need help in the decision if I should
> buy a T520 or a T530. I read the wiki and some other pages but it's still
> hard for me to decide which model I should buy.
>
> 1. I need CPU power. I read that it is possible to put a i7-3940XM in a
> T530. Because of coreboot it should also possible to put it in a T520?
>
> 2. I would like to use an eGPU. Any differences between these two models?
>
> 3. With which model it is easier to install coreboot on it?
>
> 4. What are the general pros and cons of a T520/T530, especially with
> coreboot?
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Kind regards--

My website: https://vimacs.lcpu.club

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/