[coreboot] intel/i82801dx SMM memory size?

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:06:09 CEST 2018

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 7:00 AM ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering ... does anyone know the limits on SMM memory size for this
> part?

SMM memory size was determined by the MCH part, not ICH.  The boards we had
with i82801dx used ASEG with 128 kiB of SMRAM. The only remaining user of
i82801dx couples with e7505 that could handle 1 MiB of TSEG.

> I'm looking for a mainboard emulation which can support the larger sizes,
> e.g. 8M.

Out of the box, not supported. But emulation/qemu-q35 can do that if you
add "select SMM_TSEG" and some glue logic to write those TSEG related
registers. You also need a recent QEMU, 2.10 or later.

thanks