[coreboot] Lenovo G505S - spkmodem console sound, is correct? Please listen and tell

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Mon Oct 8 16:37:51 CEST 2018

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 22:36:47 +0000
Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> I tried decoding, resampling and normalizing the ogg file without
> success so I suggest increasing amplitude at the source; move the mic
> closer to the speaker and use the parecord | spkmodem-recv command as
> documented in spkmodem-recv.c. Make sure to set your mic input volume
> to 0dB (and not higher!) so that you get the best possible signal,
> without attenuation.

On some device like the i945 Thinkpads, connecting an audio cable in
the output jack plug works, so you can record a clean signal by doing
that and by messing with the sound volume buttons before re-booting.

I've tried that on a gm45 Thinkpad also with coreboot, and I wasn't
able to redirect the sound.

Denis.