[coreboot] Source code for "Intel Firmware"

Zvi Vered veredz72 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 06:50:18 CEST 2018

Hello,

A bin file burned on a BIOS chip contains "Intel FW":

Intel FW = IFD +PD+ME/TXE+GBE

IFD=Intel Firmware Descriptor Table.
PD=Parameters
ME=Management Engine (For "Core" kind of processors).
TXE=Trusted Execution Engine (For "Atom" kind of processors).
GBE=Network card firmware.

If I'm not mistaken, this package is not supplied within coreboot.

coreboot only replaces the BIOS part developed by vendors like "AMI bios".

Where can I find full source code for "Intel FW" ?

Currently, in order to replace vendor's BIOS we must take binary parts
of the original bin file and then stitch it to coreboot.rom built with
the coreboot project.

I want to depend only on Intel.

Thank you,
Zvika