[coreboot] Is this fake news or not? Bloomberg says China is using a rice-sized chip to hack amazon servers.

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:25:41 CEST 2018

> So this board may support Intel's strict security features like BootGuard and Intel ME. These security features are so strong [???] that even the top hackers in the open source community haven't fully cracked [???]
Are you sure about that? Lots of vulnerabilities have been discovered
at these "strong security features", and before Intel patches some
vulnerability it's already in full use by some blackhat communities.
Not to mention its' quite often that UEFI/BIOS updates, including
those that deliver the security updates to ME, are neglected. The
companies have so many servers, I'm confident the majority of them are
running the outdated UEFI/BIOS versions. Also, these "strong security
features" are closed source, and security through obscurity has never
been a good thing