[coreboot] GSOC submission

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Fri Nov 30 09:55:20 CET 2018

Am Do., 29. Nov. 2018 um 22:21 Uhr schrieb Taiidan at gmx.com <Taiidan at gmx.com
>:

> > - QEMU power9 support / initial openpower support (hard I guess?)
> IMO not worth it since TALOS 2/Blackbird already have owner controlled
> open source firmware directly from the factory so do various other
> OpenPOWER machines.

It makes sure that we avoid any invalid assumption about architecture
properties being universal.
Porting coreboot also allows users to have a unified boot experience across
architectures.

However, in the end it's all just suggestions and the best candidates tend
to be those who come up with a plan of their own.

Regards,
Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: