[coreboot] GSOC submission

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Fri Nov 30 01:06:50 CET 2018

> - QEMU power9 support / initial openpower support (hard I guess?)

How about QEMU MIPS support? We have all the MIPS architecture code in
coreboot, but it's falling into complete disrepair because the only
supported board is some old aborted Google project that nobody has
hardware for anymore. It would be a shame if we eventually just have
to throw the whole architecture port away because we have no way to
test it anymore. Getting a working emulation board up for it would
mean that we can keep it alive and healthy until the next time we add
an actual MIPS board.