[coreboot] Further coreboot releases, setting new standards

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:57:03 CET 2018

I think, while Jay's board stays upstream it is benefiting from the
"universal improvements": great commits to ./payloads/ ./util/ and
also to the "not-MB-specific" parts of ./src . If his board will be
removed from upstream he will have to track all these improvements and
"copy/paste" them to his local repo - this will result in extra
maintenance on his part and significantly lower his desire to
contribute. Right now it is possible that (after the discussions with
his clients) Jay will contribute some great patches for us, maybe
including the "universal" ones that benefit all the boards! - to
compensate for us bearing with his board's not-pretty-code. On the
other hand, if we will just "fork him out" I guess he will not
contribute anything... So it could be beneficial to find a way to keep
his board instead of removing.