[coreboot] Further coreboot releases, setting new standards

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Nov 28 22:04:50 CET 2018

On 28.11.18 02:59, Jay Talbott wrote:
> Although I have participated in a number of reviews of coreboot patches,
> I/we have not directly upstreamed any patches to coreboot.org. As a pure
> consulting service, the ports and customizations that we have made to
> coreboot to support our clients' hardware (including the work done for
> Intel) is turned over to the client at the end of each project to do
> with as they please. If they choose to upstream it or not to
> coreboot.org is really up to them, and if they do, it would get
> upstreamed by them, not by us, since they then own the code.

You could change the terms, I guess. Many people don't care that much.
So you could ask your clients ahead if they'd agree to license the code
under the GPL (or maybe only the parts that are not in their mainboard/
dir). If somebody agrees and it turns out later that there is a commit
that could benefit upstream, you can push it.

Nico