[coreboot] Hardware needed for flashing a T530

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:47:41 CET 2018

> It's a USB device

I thought that USB could be hardwired, at least USB 2.0, because e.g.
for my laptop I only need XHCI blob if I want USB 3.0 to work,
otherwise all the ports are USB 2.0 but no blobs are needed for them
to work.

> Please be (much!!) more specific about how AM335x is "not completely open".

Beaglebone's AM335x includes PowerVR GPU which is not functional
without nonfree blobs. But maybe it's not a problem if you'd be
running it in a headless mode.

> You didn't answer whether you have looked at spruh73.

If I understood it correctly that spruh73 is a codename for AM335x
then it's the same situation described above (nonfree blob required
for PowerVR GPU)

Best regards,
Mike Banon