[coreboot] Supported Motherboards

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:05:32 CET 2018

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 7:53 AM <echelon at free.fr> wrote:

>  Anyway I think that it is stupid to get offensive and confrontational with the coreboot comunity even if it gets more and more Intel oriented..

so is this statement based on a measurement or just your impression?

I count 181 mainboard devicetree.cb files in the tree. Of these 73
have the string cpu.*intel in them. So less than half. Next we'd have
to see how this changes over time.

In 2012 there were 179 boards in the tree, 57 with that string in them.

Not a giant change.

If someone would like to correct my numbers or methodology that would
be interesting but I think the claim fails. I'd also point out that
starting in 2013 we re-introduced multiple architecture to the tree
with arm and that has continued to grow (we had alpha, ppc and arm ca.
2005 but it got lost).

as always, code wins. I think if you want truly open architecture,
this is the year to stop working on obsolete hardware and get on riscv
or power or even arm. We need your help!

ron