[coreboot] Supported Motherboards

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 00:58:05 CET 2018

On 11/11/18 5:42 PM, Piotr Kubaj via coreboot wrote:
> The size of AGESA is currently about 10% of coreboot. Nico, do you
> think a single person working in spare time can reimplement 10% of
> coreboot?

I don't care how much it looks like. It's likely bloated vendor code.
For instance, look at the numbers for this:

  $ tokei src/cpu/amd/family_10h-family_15h/
src/northbridge/amd/{amdfam10/,amdht/,amdmct/}

I wouldn't be surprised if this non-agesa code even covers more than
a single AGESA platform (like agesa/f15tn). So that might also be 1%
instead of 10%, it's hard to compare.

That's still a lot of code. I don't know how hard it is to configure
AMD compared to Intel. But for Intel a lot platforms just showed up
because somebody did it in his spare time (without documentation). So
it seems doable.

Nico