[coreboot] Supported Motherboards

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Nov 10 19:08:48 CET 2018

If you want an owner controlled coreboot-libre firmware (coreboot isn't
always foss) available board get a kcma-d8, kgpe-d16, etc. or one of the
raptor computing systems OpenPOWER boards which have foss firmware (not
coreboot) from the factory, documentation and are owner controlled.

You can score a D16 new on fleabay for $150 ATM plus a 6328 cpu for $30
resulting in (with ram and a good amd gfx card) being able to play games
in a vm at max settings - there are a lot of good native linux and or
drm free games right now. It seems those new D16's sold there also have
the ASMB4 chip you need for OpenBMC.

the G34/C32 opterons are much faster than the G41's C2Q's and the
OpenPOWER9 stuff is much faster than intel/amd's proprietary blobbed x86
offerings of comparable price

I have wrote longer posts about that in the past so look 'em up :D and
welcome to the community.

I concur the g505s is a superior choice to a me'ed device as me can't be
disabled...unlike with workstations you can't have perfect with a laptop
right now here's hoping for a openpower laptop.