[coreboot] Supported Motherboards

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 15:48:22 CET 2018

A10-5750M CPU of AMD Lenovo G505S laptop is from the same Richland 15h
family as your F2A85M-* , and its' southbridge A76M should be also
very similar to what you have: its' Bolton-M3 but there's a relatively
small difference between these Bolton and Hudson since they are from
the same family of FCH (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_chipsets#Fusion_controller_hubs_(FCH)
) . Although I don't know why your IOMMU isn't working and why these
Raminit problems are happening, its definitely possible to fix them,
maybe even by wisely borrowing some of G505S specific source code
(comparing the sources and trying to borrow some sources your board
might be lacking). In addition, try looking through the mailing lists
/ board_status reports to find the people who have the same
motherboard as you and CC them your e-mails in case they aren't
subscribed to coreboot mailing list; maybe they could tell you some
useful info: e.g. what if IOMMU and Raminit were working before but
got broken by some bad commit; if you'd know that some of this has
been working before together with an approximate date, it'd be
possible to triangulate the "things-breaking" commit by doing the
dichotomy (e.g. it should take just 10 tries to go through 1024
commits and find which one broke it)

Best regards,
Mike Banon