[coreboot] Can we please remove the FSP TempRamInit option (where applicable)

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Nov 7 09:20:22 CET 2018

Hi Lance,

On 11/6/18 11:39 PM, Lance Zhao wrote:
> Yes, I believe we should let mainboard to select CAR implementation instead
> of force selection in soc Kconfig. I will suggest to remove that line.

having a `select` for the CAR implementation is not what I had in mind
but definitely something we can discuss. The current situation is _not_
that the SoC selects it, but rather that the SoC offers a choice with
questionable defaults and possible settings that don't even compile.

So, if we'd want to set the CAR implementation in stone per mainboard,
I think we should discuss first, how to decide (as a developer that adds
a mainboard) what to choose. And there is the problem: I myself don't
see a choice and would always take the open-source implementation.

Take FSP2.0 for instance, most SoCs currently offer a choice between:

  o "Enhanced Non-evict mode"
  o "Use FSP CAR"

While I can find many arguments to select the former, I can't find any
for the latter. Can you help me there?

Nico

PS. I presume that both options technically offer the same feature.
    Is there something I'm missing?